Upcoming dates at Grace Presbyterian...
- Feed My Sheep - Thanks, again for the excellent response from volunteers who will be making sandwiches and lunches to be served at Feed My Sheep this month. Now we are looking for volunteer cookie bakers! We need bakers to make 2-3 dozen cookies each to be distributed with the hot meal we will be providing to Feed My Sheep this month. If you would like to bake cookies, please contact Lori Lamb to sign-up.
Also, don’t forget that we are collecting travel-size, or individually-wrapped toiletries to be given to those who are served meals at FMS. They need to be small enough to fit into pockets or backpacks. Please bring cookie or toiletry donations to the church by Tuesday, August 25, and place them in the classroom behind the kitchen. If you have any questions, please contact Lori Lamb: Call or text: (740) 403-7156 or email: [email protected]. Thank you!
- 2020 Presbyterian Women's Bible Study - Into the Light: Finding Hope Through Prayers of Lament. The Presbyterian Women of Grace will begin a new bible study this fall, focusing on prayers of lament. Biblical laments are prayers to be spoken or sung as inspirations for artists and dancers. Rev. Lynn Miller, PCUSA Pastor and artist, the author of this study says it well, "laments bridge the space between our faith in God and the reality in our not-yet-redeemed world." The Bible Study is open to all the women in the church.
The books for this year's bible study have arrived! The price of each book is $12, cash or check. Please make any checks payable to Grace Presbyterian Church, noting in the memo line: Presbyterian Women.
Books will be available for pick up on the following dates and times:Sunday, August 30, 2-4 pmTuesday, September 1, 11 am - 1pmIf you would like more information, please contact Dot Tate at 254.541.4111 or Cindy Bankston at 254.773.7625.
Rev. Thom Lamb will kick off the study with a virtual presentation of the first lesson at 6:30 pm on Monday, September 14.
- Sunday School for Elementary children (K-5th) on Sunday's from September - May at 10 AM. LOGOS ministry is Wednesdays, September - May (excluding school breaks) from 5:30 - 7 PM with dinner included! Interested in helping with LOGOS? Email the church office or sign up online.
- MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) - For soon-to-be moms, first-time moms or moms of many - all invited! Interested in being a part of this group? Email Jennifer Essary for information and meeting dates.
- Interested in getting CONNECTED by serving at GPC? We can hook you up! Give us a call, and we can help put you in touch with the right person and the right ministry for you. Call us at 254.773.2134.
- Prayer Tree - If you are not participating in the church prayer tree ministry, please prayerfully consider joining. This is a program that allows us to pray regularly for one another as we share joys and concerns. The prayers provide comfort and support to those going through challenging times and are a way for us to share the love of Christ with one another. If you are interested in joining this ministry, please contact the church office or Donna Bowling, and provide your email address so you can be included.
- Interested in being a Liturgist in the worship service? All liturgists are given a script to practice ahead of time, and read a scripture and multiple prayers during worship. People of any age can be a liturgist. If you’re interested, please sign up in the narthex.
- Moved or changed information? Have you moved recently, changed phone numbers or email? Give us a call or email us at 254.773.2134 or [email protected].
- For more information about our church, visit us online and plan to attend this Sunday! We would love to hear from you to better welcome you.
"Come and See"
Grace Presbyterian Church is a warm and welcoming congregation that is open to all those who are seeking a life of faith. Wherever you are on your journey, come as you are to Grace Presbyterian Church. Come and See!
GPC is an inclusive community of faith welcoming all who seek to follow Christ.